August was a busy month for the team, with nine call outs, including a major incident stand-by to support the Toddbrook Reservoir crisis.
August’s incidents were:
- 1st August: Support GMP and WYP to locate and treat a high risk misper in the Buckstones area.
- 1st August: Following the above incident the team was placed on stand-by to provide water-trained team members to support a major incident which was occurring at the Toddbrook Reservoir in Derbyshire.
- 3rd August: Along with other local teams, HVMRT received a request from Bolton MRT to stand-by support them with water trained team members to support GMFRS’s response to the Toddbrook Reservoir incident.
- 11th August: The team was called by WYP to assist with a search in the Sheepridge area. The missing person was found as the team was preparing to deploy.
- 15th August: Another call by WYP, this time for a search in the Pontefract area. Again, the missing person was found before the team was deployed.
- 21st August: A hat-trick of search calls which were stood down before deployment, with a call to assist a search for a misper in the Wholestone Moor area.
- 25th August: WYP called the team to locate and treat a lost and exhausted walker near Marsden. A HVMRT party quickly spotted the walker. When they had almost reached the casualty, the Police Helicopter was able to land near him, transporting him to the Marsden Golf Club area.
- 28th August: confidential call out.
- 30th August: Our final incident of the month was another search request by WYP, this time in Huddersfield. The team deployed and found the missing person with 30 mins of the first search team setting off.