How to support us
HOW CAN YOU HELP US?
The Holme Valley Mountain Rescue Team, as with all UK MR teams, is a charity supported by donations and receives no direct funding from any official source.
The team’s annual running costs are approximately £20,000. This covers maintenance and running-costs of a headquarters building; upkeep, depreciation and running costs of two specialist vehicles; the routine replacement of many items of specialist rescue and medical equipment and insurance and training costs.
In order to foot the bill, the team organises its own fundraising events and activities and actively fundraises in the community. The money comes from:
- Donations from the public
- Donations from those who have been assisted
- Donations from local businesses
- Support from local fundraising charities
- Fundraising events organised by the team
- Street collections, supermarket bag-packs etc
- The Friends of Holme Valley Mountain Rescue Team