The Friends of Holme Valley Mountain Rescue Team
Friends of Holme Valley Mountain Rescue Team is a scheme for those who want to support the team without becoming on-the-hill members. As well as supporting the team financially with a small annual subscription, Friends are given the opportunity to learn more about the team and its operations, and are able to participate, offer a helping hand and represent the team at displays, fundraisers and other events if they wish to do so. Our Friends group is an ideal way to be a part of the team without actually donning boots and a rucksack and heading out onto the hill.
For an annual subscription, you will receive the following:-
- A supporter’s badge – choose from a cloth or pin badge.
- A car sticker.
- You will be invited to join us at a fundraising meeting to meet some of the team and actively participate.
- The opportunity to help at collections, bag-packs, displays and other fundraising events and a HVMRT Supporters t-shirt when you attend one these events.
- Invitations to help support the team in other roles, freeing up hill-going members to go onto the hill.
- An invitation to the annual “Supporters’ Day”, when you can visit HQ, meet the team, see the equipment and demonstrations.
- The knowledge that you are helping to support vital, life-saving work.
If you are interested in becoming a Friend you can apply online as an individual or as a family.
Remember – in becoming a Friend you will be helping the team to provide a service for those who get into difficulties in our area.